A majority would like to try intermittent fasting for effortless and low-cost weight loss and body health, but they always halt at the first step since they usually feel vague about which fasting plan should be selected and followed for top results.
But a simple quiz saves ALL!
Note: Before trying intermittent fasting, it’s optimal to consult your doctor though the effects of intermittent fasting have been testified by medical experts via experiments and true cases. Some doctors even cure patients through intermittent fasting like Doctor Jason Fung. Nevertheless, each differs and your doctor’s advice for you should be carefully considered.
Your essential aim directs you to different routes.
Before doing a quiz about fasting plans, it’s best to ask yourself “Why do I do intermittent fasting?”. Generally speaking, the answers to such a question include:
- Lose Weight for Good
- Get Healthy for Good
Both above choices are not totally independent and internal relevance is available. Some people are suffering from illnesses just because of the overweight and weight loss also leads to health.
To answer such a question, you should clarify which route you want to follow with intermittent fasting. You should find the essential aim or impetus for intermittent fasting. If your extra weight keeps upsetting you, option A is your answer; if your health problems are your top concern, option B is your answer.
What elements should be contained in a fasting plan quiz?
A professional quiz aiming for an ideal fasting plan should include the following elements.
Your biological gender plays a role in your body composition, metabolism and nutritional needs from food all of which affect the efficiency of your intake and digestion. A biological gender is helpful to filter those top unrelated elements.
Don’t be nervous! No specific age isn’t required but an age range is OK. An adolescent surely follows a different pace from a person in 60s.
Current Height and Weight
The IBM index indicates how exactly fat or thin you are. It determines the speed your weight can be cut within the right domain.
Routine Meals Time
Intermittent fasting is beneficial for weight loss because it manages your diet time but doesn’t limit your diet. No matter how many meals you have a day, there’s always a fasting plan working perfectly on you. The specific mealtimes should be provided so that the optimal fasting plan can be customized without affecting your ordinary life.
Intermittent fasting never invades your dietary habit and just works with it. No matter what dietary habit is followed like keto or vegan, there must be a fasting plan compatible with all the requirement of your diet.
That is very important, actually. Some illnesses call for special treatment and chronic medicine and fasting plans vary based on all related elements. If you’re suffering from illnesses like Type 1 or 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, PCOS, eating disorder, etc., you should submit all the real situations. Besides, the quiz also needs to include your special nutrition needs.
A Sample 3-Min Quiz Helping You with a Fasting Plan
Here comes an intermittent fasting quiz based on which the best diet plan can be summarized by yourself. For more guidance, complete a quiz on SoonFasting to customize a fasting plan that really works with you.
- What do you want to accomplish with fasting?
- To lose weight
- Weight maintenance
- To improve general health
- More focus & energy
- Your gender is ______.
- Prefer not to say
- Are you pregnant? (Note: intermittent fasting is never fit for pregnant women)
- Your birthday is ______.
- Your current height is ______ (CM/FT).
- Your current weight is ______ (KG/LBS).
- Your ideal weight is ______ (KG/LBS).
- Do you have medical conditions?
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Current/History eating disorder (e.g. anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa)
- High blood pressure
- Increased nutritional need (e.g. Post-surgical procedure, chemotherapy or radiotherapy)
- Other conditions
- Does your family health history include any medical condition below?
- High blood pressure
- Hyperlipidemia/High blood cholesterol
- Hyperglycemia/High blood sugar
- Other medical conditions
- What cause unintentional weight gain?
- Intimate relationship
- Working pressure
- Giving birth
- Have you ever done fasting?
- Yes, from time to time
- As only you can, which pace would you prefer?
- Slow and steady wins the race.
- Between the slow and fast.
- As fast as possible.
A Summarized Fasting Plan List (Which Plan Best Fits for Whom)
- 14:10 – Fit for fasting beginners following routine 3 meals a day like 9-to-5 office workers.
- 16:8– Fit for fasting beginners that can skip one meal on a day, breakfast or dinner.
- 5:2– Fit for fasting semi-pros that are able to limit calories and effectively manage hunger.
- Eat-Stop-Eat– Fit for fasting pros that are able to well deal with hunger.